About Me

My photo
I am a man about the business of taking care of business, minding my own business and staying out of yours. I don't care what devices people use to separate themselves from others (religion, money, race, gender, class, intelligence etc.) at the end of the day you came from the earth and so shall you return. The only advice I have is try to live and love without fear.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Pride and Joy

     A strong woman faced with the normalcy of human life and who may have forgotten some things, she hasn't forgotten how to love. Dealing with the issues that has now somewhat immobilized her physical activity, she's a fighter. In learning to walk again due to her illness, I find myself remembering her strength, "ma don't give up", I push her. When asked how are you doing? She always in her catchy response utters "I would if I could, but I ain't cause I can't."  Reflecting on the things she's taught me,  speaks volume to the person I've grown to be; not because I do things right all the time but, I choose to make her proud of me. "Son you know I love you and can't wait to see you again," are true sentiments from this loving mother of mine. A quote I once read said, there are two ways of exerting one's strength: one is pushing down the other is pulling up. I can say in my learning experience with my mother she has shown me both. Never let them see you sweat is our motto to each other. "Son you know best," as she says, refers to her courage and strength in grooming her boys to be men. Thanks to the creator for love, strength, loyalty and truth. I know you're proud of me but not as much As I am proud of you.

Truly Zende

No comments:

Post a Comment